Pages

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Calendar Ideas

My classroom jungle calendar
Calendar time is my favorite time of the day.  It happens every day and doesn't change much throughout the year.  It's so simple and fun to teach.  However, if you have a calendar helper, you may see other children tune out during this time.  I was on a quest to find a way to engage everyone while still having one child be the "helper".  At last, my hunt is over!

I saw a cute idea on TPT that was just what I was looking for.  Now, I'm not one to spend my own money on teacher's pay teachers, so I made my own version of the product.  Here it is:
I have a sheet made for every single month of the school year.  If you're anything like me, you don't want to print these every single day for each child to fill out along with the calendar helper.  That would be a waste of paper and ink.  Instead, I'll print a class set for each month, place them in sheet protectors, and mount them on clipboards.  That way they are reusable each day and all the kids have to do is wipe them off before putting them away.  

This activity will insure each child is involved and actively participating.  If you'd like this product for FREE, post a comment or send me an email and I'll gladly send it to you!  My email can be found on the "About Me" tab.

If you do something differently during calendar time that helps your students stay engaged let me know in the comments.  I would love to hear your ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog