Pages

Saturday, July 12, 2014

Bulletin Board Obsession

It's 6 in the morning and I'm still awake.  This is starting to become a really bad summer habit that I'll need to break soon.  However,  I just saw the cutest bulletin board idea on Pinterest!


Look at that tree!  Looks like I need to go stock up on the tissue paper.  I love cute bulletin board displays so I'm always on the lookout for new fun ideas.  This tree would also be cute to post during an apple unit.  I really like this tree but was sad when I clicked the link and it was just a picture.  I wanted to know what the whole bulletin board said and how they incorporated their students work or names (if it was posted for the beginning of the school year).

But I decided I wasn't going to let that stop me.  After doing some internet searching, here is a compilation of ideas that would work great with this apple tree.

Beginning of the School Year
"Welcoming a brand new bushel!" - Place students names/pictures on apples
"Dropping into a great year!" - Place students names/pictures on apples
"An "a-peel-ing" bunch!" - Place apples next to tree in a basket with students names or pictures on them
"Our kids are 'apple'solutely the best!" - Place students names/pictures on apples
"Our class is TREEmendous!"- Place students names/pictures on apples

Apple Unit
"Falling into a good book!" - Students write on an apple what there favorite book is and why
"Ap-pleasing work/ideas/writing!" - Could be used with any pieces of student work, surrounded by or posted on apples.
"Apple
 Red and juicy, shiny, sweet,  
Apple you're so good to eat
Crispy and crunchy, healthy, too
This core is all that's left of you." - Place construction paper apple cores made by students around the tree.  Make sure to have your students put in the seed star!
"We are learning our CORE curriculum!" - (Same as above)
"Learning is bushels of fun!" - Create bar graph, coming out of baskets, with students favorite apples (green, red, or yellow).

So many options!  I'm undecided if I want to use the tree for my August bulletin board or wait for our apple unit.  Decisions, decisions....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog