Pages

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Kindergarten Homework

I'm on a hunt for Kindergarten homework.  But not just any kind of homework:  Family Homework Projects.  

I had a difficult parent last year that was mad that I didn't provide homework.  The principal even told her homework was not required in Kindergarten; but she still tried to get me to change in the middle of the year.  Thankfully it's a new year and she'll be someone else's problem, but I want to prevent that from ever happening again.  


I found this awesome reading log on TPT for FREE!  It was just what I was looking for.  This will be easy to send home each week and I won't have to copy sheets upon sheets of homework for each child.
Click picture to go to TPT product
On top of using this reading log, I have decided I'm going to send home family homework projects each month.  This will hopefully put the difficult moms at ease.  It'll will give them and their child something to do.  You can find all sorts of family homework projects on the internet but most of them do not have any sort of educational value.  They just want you to decorate a themed picture together.  That's not only boring but pointless from an educational perspective.  Instead I'm starting to create homework projects that have meaning and are fun at the same time.  

Here is January's Family Homework Project!  The word document is editable so feel free to change the letter in any way.  Enjoy!
Click picture to go to TPT product
Look for my other homework projects to pop up soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog