Pages

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Classroom Set-up : Part one

At last!!!  I finally woke up early (with the help of my alarm), got ready, and went to my classroom!  It was a mess when I got there but look at it now!
(Excuse the low quality picture.  Yes, I still use a dinosaur flip phone.)
I don't think people realize all of the work teachers do to get their classrooms ready.  We spend our own money on our classroom, we put in countless free work hours during the summer, we become furniture movers when it's time to set up, and some of us unfortunate ones feel like the best custodian the school has.

Today I spent the day moving heavy furniture.  It was just me, so of course I had to drag some of it.  Let me just say the head custodian was not happy with me.  She said I was going to ruin her "pretty floors".  I do like and appreciate my pretty floors but my furniture has to be moved somehow.  I would even like to see more of my "pretty floor" but the strewn about dead roaches and frogs (sorry, that was last year) kind of take away from the beauty.  I had at least four custodians come into my classroom while I was working and not a single one of them made an attempt to clean up the bugs. 

Now don't get me wrong.  I love my school.  This is just something that gets on my nerves.  I'm sure it happens at more than just my school, too.  On a positive note, a new custodian came into my room a few times and helped me move heavy items that I was struggling with.  To him, I am very grateful.

Anyway, the point of this post is to inform.  If you are a parent, appreciate the hard work your child's teacher has put into his/her classroom.  Don't look at the neatness and just think it came looking that way.  If you're a teacher, hopefully you can relate.  If not, I want to know what school you work at and how you can get me a job there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog