Pages

Sunday, September 7, 2014

Pretty Patio Possibilities - Apartment Style

As Fall and cooler weather approaches, I wanted to transform my patio from nothing into something I could relax and read a book on.  I love the outdoors and hate it when I'm stuck inside and can only open my door to let the cool air in or to hear the rain.  I already had an outdoor rug that I'd bought shortly after moving into my apartment, last year. 
Click here to shop for this rug.
But now I needed patio furniture.  If you haven't already noticed, outdoor patio furniture is expensive!  I almost bought just a simple outdoor love-seat/bench for $200ish!  Since prices were ridiculous I was beginning to think I'd never be able to furnish my patio.  

That's when I turned to Craigslist and local sale pages on Facebook.  With these sites I'm beginning to realize I should never buy anything full price.  

I found a guy on a FB sale page selling a wicker patio set for $175.  It included a love-seat, a table, 2 chairs, and all of the cushions.  By the time I found his post a few people were already commenting that they were interested in the set.  I felt defeated at first but left a question; wanting to know how big it was.  Since I wanted the set very badly, I kept my FB up so that I'd see any activity on the post right when it happened.  Right after he answered my question, I commented back right away and got the set for $145!  And my patio is forever transformed because of it. :)
As you can see from my picture, my patio is fairly small.  I was only able to fit the love-seat, table, and one chair.  I put the other chair into my large outdoor closet.  Now I love my patio and can't wait for the cooler weather to get here so I can enjoy it fully!  

My next project is to hang these caged lantern string lights to add a nice glow at night; but we'll see how that goes.  I found one pack at Target in the outdoor light section despite the website saying this product is not sold in stores.  It was on clearance too!
Click to shop for these lights!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog